Software Engineer III
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Legacy applications, especially those running mainframe technologies, are a valuable and sometimes strategic asset businesses built over years (Finance organizations, Government agencies, businesses, etc.).
Atos develops a range of solutions which aim to reuse and leverage legacy application assets by migrating them to a more modern, flexible and cost-effective platform based on technologies such as:
- Atos BullSequana x86 servers
- Vmware based Linux virtual machines (Redhat or Suse)
You will join the Atos R&D Mainframe and IT Modernization group to:
- Develop and maintain the BullSequana M series product software
- Develop a range of IT Modernization products
- Experienced Cdevelopment skills: 5+ years of experience. All development is done on Linux, with Eclipse IDE
- Experienced in Linux Kernel development and debug
- Linux administration skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand designs and requirement specifications
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Experience in C++ and JAVA programs development
- Understands and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and associated execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Being familiar with Cloud technologies (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Some experience with Oracle, PostgreSQL or DB2 databases experience
- Being familiar with JBOSS, JNI
- Being familiar with Mainframe technologies (COBOL, IBM mainframes) - only about 10-15% of job responsbilities
- Linux installer knowledge
- SVN and GIT source control knowledge
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.