Oracle Database Administrator with Linux
Employee in this position is a professional specialized on technical maintenance and administration of databases. As member of the team, you will be responsible for answering and resolving technical requests regarding the DB and OS server infrastructure. Automation of certain operational procedures if necessary. Execute standard requests. In depth incident analysis, to solve more complex incidents/problems. Contributes to the identification of potential problems in coordination with Architecture Team. Monitoring activities. Maintain appropriate logs of systems, users and operational activities. Installation, configuration and support of the systems being under maintenance in particular:
- Provide technical expertise on Oracle Database.
- Ability to drive architecture design on customer projects and act as a trusted advisor on Oracle Database to deliver highly available and secured database environments.
- Install, patch, upgrade and maintain all Oracle Database and Enterprise Management software.
- Implement backup & recovery strategy
- Help customer on benchmark to identify bottlenecks, and provide guidance on tuning and optimization of Oracle Database;
- Be able to write accurate and concise technical documentation;
- Ensure availability and quality of data by maintaining and improving performances (tuning) and features (by enhancing their automation, optimizing treatments and requests, the configuration...)
- Follow performance statistics of access to database objects to ensure the tuning
- Management of volume increase on data access
- Administrate user access rights as well as data security issues with security engineer
- Manage version upgrade
- Update programs, fix potential bugs (install patches) and give go before deployment in production
- Advise on back-up procedures to realize by exploitation teams to ensure integrity of data from all bases, especially archiving and data purge
- Define quality standards and set-up related follow-up dashboards
- Ensure follow-up of monitoring tools and study all issues to qualify their gravity and origin(s)
- Elaborate and execute test procedures and programs, after migrations or following an incident
- Ensure that safeguards are properly executed (by doing tests in a back-up repository) and control data updates
- Ensure the data recovery and the operational restoration of databases following a critical incident
To be suitable for the role an ability to solve complex problems and effective communication in English and Polish is required. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European or Nordic countries for couple of weeks can be required.
- Competitive salary package
- Additional discretionary annual bonus for good performance
- Life insurance and outstanding private medical care
- Work for an ATOS Global Delivery Center Poland organization holding the "Best Pace to Work" title.
- Work for worldwide software engineering company where software development and IT systems engineering is a core revenue stream.
- Professional IT/Software oriented personal development and training program including industry standard certification path.
- Relocation package if applicable
- Participation in the international challenging IT activities along with opportunity of implementing own ideas and improvements
- Skills and knowledge development in rare beneficial IT areas
- Team work among real enthusiasts at discovering and utilizing latest tools and methodologies at variety of IT, software projects for different sectors/domains.
- Internal and external technology and tools trainings.
- Access to our huge knowledge library and interdisciplinary IT e-learning portals
- Good knowledge (about 3 years of professional experience) of Oracle 11g – optionally later versions
- Experience with Unix/Linux in a multi-domain environment including shell scripting.
- Communication in English and Polish
- Reliability and precision at work.
- Team spirit.
- Initiative, accuracy, efficiency and attention to details.
- Oracle performance and tuning skills including server configuration and tracing facilities.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Grid Control.
- Knowledge of Oracle Grid Infrastructure, ASM and RMAN in a critical and real-time production environment.
- Knowledge of storage high-availability management & networking.
Knowledge of Oracle Database auditing is a plus.
We take care of your personal data privacy. More information about processing your personal data within recruitment process you can find on our website:https://atos.net/pl/polska/gdpr.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.