DevOps Engineer with Linux & Java
DevOps Engineer with Linux & Java
What will you be responsible for:
The DevOps Engineer will specifically work to manage and execute software release builds and deployments for Java, applications running on Tomcat, Apache, JBOSS. Given the wide range of applications and customers supported by our team, the candidate may also be expected to execute database updates on different platforms. We have built an extensive build-deploy pipeline to efficiently deliver our products to our end-customers and business colleagues. We are now looking for an experienced system engineer/developer having knowledge and interests on CI tools, containerization and application maintenance support. We are looking for a person who join the team and help us further expand and maintain our infrastructure and toolset.
Depending on individual skills and knowledge you will be engaged in (but not limited to):
- Mid to long term system landscape planning and development with increasing focus on security, comprehensive monitoring solutions and process automation.
- Support of the system landscape composed of internal and cloud infrastructure elements.
- Analysis and resolution of complex technical problems and issues.
- Work closely with the development teams who manage UI, front and back-end code.
- Usage of recent development methodologies and tools (agile/itil development, Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo), Docker, Shell, Perl/Python, Maven, Jenkins, GIT and many other technical acronyms to play with.
- Design and development of CI scripts, frameworks, APIs and scaffolding software mainly to automate day-by-day issues.
- Configuring mainly Linux and where necessary DB environments.
- Applications deployment.
- Designing and perform smoke/sanity tests (automated by you) for the applications deployed and related trouble shooting.
- Software building and builds management.
- Technical solutions advisory.
- Opportunity to research potential deficiencies and improve adequately the solution applied according to recent state of the art and own experience.
To be suitable for the role the self-reliability, ability to solve multithread technical issues and effective communication in English are required.
The position will is located in our well communicated offices in Wroclaw/Warsaw/Łódź depending on your preferences. At initial stage of a project traveling to West European or Nordic countries for couple of weeks can be required.
What do we require:
- Good or average experience in Java software development
- Good or average experience in Linux systems engineering
- Fluent communication in English
- Knowledge (the deeper the better or readiness to learn) of:
# HTTP Servers: Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, Oracle HTTP Server
# Database: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
# Subversion: GIT
# Atlassian tools: JICO
# CI: Jenkins
# Containerization: Docker
# Script programming languages: Bash Script, Perl/Python, Groovy, PL/SQL, SQL
# Cloud: AWS
# Maven, Ant, Sonatype, Nexus, SonarQube
- At least 2 years of experience and interests in field of software manufacturing
- Experience in direct collaboration with end customer along with technical solutions preparations will be a desired advantage.
- KotwicaResolving problems in a timely manner
- Being articulate and communicating effectively
- Planning and prioritizing tasks
During the interview we are also going to verify:
- Ability to work in a team, communication and open approach to people
- Willingness to take initiative and responsibility
Good organization of work, attention to details
What do we offer:
- Competitive salary and MyBenefit system
- Private medical care
- Private life and travel insurance
- Worldwide career opportunities
- Remote working
- Professional trainings and development programs (incl. foreign languages)
- Referral bonus
- Relocation allowance
- Leader in digital services with 120,000 employees in 73 countries
- Provider of IT infrastructure management services, systems integration, outsourcing and IT consulting
- Official global IT partner of the Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Almost 5000 people employed in 8 cities: Bydgoszcz, Warszawa, Wroclaw, Opole, Krakow, Gdansk, Rzeszow, Lodz
We take care of your personal data privacy. More information about processing your personal data within recruitment process you can find on our website: https://atos.net/pl/polska/gdpr.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.