Technical Architect Infrastructure
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of € 13 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions through its Digital Transformation Factory, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payment industry. With its cutting-edge technologies and industry knowledge, Atos supports the digital transformation of its clients across all business sectors. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, Unify and Worldline. Atos is listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The Technical Architect works on project and account-based assignments to design deliver and assure infrastructure technical solutions.The Architect produces end-to-end solution designs, putting together technologies from multiple IT areas including desktop technologies; mobile devices; Windows, Unix and Linux server technologies; Private and Public Cloud; AWS, Azure, Office 365; storage solutions; virtualisation, packaged and bespoke applications; network components; infrastructure tooling and ITIL-based processes. He or she also ensures technical quality and assurance by participating in Architect peer review processes.
Technical skills required minimum 4 technologies:
- Public Cloud (AWS, Azure OR Office365) & Hybrid Cloud
- Digital Transformation
- Virtual Workplace (VMware View, Citrix VDI etc.)
- Software Defined Data Centre (SDD)
- Automation and Orchestration (VROps/VRA, Docker, Kubenetes (Chef & Puppet))
In this role, the Architect will demonstrate:
- Technical focus and drive
- Vision and innovation
- Commercial awareness
- Quality control and assurance
- Accountability and responsibilityHigh quality documentation and communication skills.
- Working within the established frameworks of the MS ESO Practice, produce technical solutions, technical designs and lead technical implementation projects that meet client requirements.
- Collaborate with customer architecture teams to ensure alignment of requirements and solutions and to facilitate design sign-off and approvals.
- Define and produce appropriate design documentation that is consistent with the solution as it has been specified to the client.
- Ensure technical designs conform to the Managed Services Technical Strategy and that any exceptions are agreed with, and signed off by, the Chief Technology Office.
- Understand the business requirements and contracted services and relate these to design requirements.
- Understand the technical risks associated with each aspect of the service and/or project, and ensure these are mitigated in the design.
- Liaise with 3rd Party suppliers and other partners when and where required to meet customer requirements.
- Work with the service line teams to ensure solutions meet requirements, are supportable and to the approved standards.
- Have designs peer-reviewed and peer-review the designs of others.
- Ensure designs are signed off by all necessary parties within the client and Atos.
- Work with programme and project managers to produce plans that enable timely delivery technical infrastructure components of projects
- Lead technical implementation activities, providing direction to technical specialists
- Ensure smooth handover of implemented systems into ongoing support, participating in relevant processes.
- Assist and advise in troubleshooting technical issues when required
- Regular reporting to Lead Architect, Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager as appropriate.
- Provide feedback to the MS ESO Practice and CTO on suitability of existing policies and standards, and successes and failures of technical solutions.
- Provide direction and support to technical specialists and less experienced architects.
- Provide advice and guidance to customers on technical solutions, future strategies and innovations.
- Maintain up to date awareness of developments in the IT industry and identify how appropriate ones can be applied to technical designs.
- Submit and champion ideas within the MS CTO-led and Atos-wide innovation processes.
- Contribute to SM&A Practice and wider collaboration activities, seminars and webinars to ensure good communication within the group.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven skills designing infrastructure solutions from small up to large scale, complex environments across all of the IT stack.
- Experience of working for an organisation in the IT services or consultancy arena.
- Fully understand standard architecture methodologies, processes and best practices.
- Presence and credibility in front of customers.
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills.
- A solid background in a combination of technology domains, including data centre, networks, storage, workplace, identity management, unified communications, disaster recovery, virtualisation, sustainability (Green IT) and security arenas.
- Experience of leading successful technical outcomes and taking ownership of issue resolution.
- Good analytical skills and an ability to define and articulate the precise nature of any given situation appropriately to the target audience whether technical or non-technical.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Accreditation in a recognised Architecture Framework.
- Experience of applying Architectural models to solution design.
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
- Ability to appraise and quality assure the work produced by others
- Educated to degree level.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.