Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
We are looking for an experienced Java Developer. Successful candidate will ideally be based in Lytham, Lancashire, however remote location with travel to Lytham 2-3 time per week would also be possible. After probationary period, building relationships and experience in the role, extend of remote work could be revisited.
Specific Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the Ecommerce development team in the design and development of solutions
- Lead the design and build a new in-house Ecommerce application in line with IT strategy and standards.
- Cross train and mentor our existing staff.
- Work closely with our existing multi-platform and multi-skilled IT development staff.
- Takes responsibility for the design, coding, testing and documentation of particularly large, complex or mission critical programs.
- Leads the provision of IT advice and design and development consultancy.
- Provides expert advice in some or all aspects of the programming methods, tools and/or standards used in the organisation. Evaluates and reviews programming methods and tools used in the organisation.
We require a senior analyst/developer with the following skills/experience:
- Excellent knowledge of JEE web component development, OOAD and UML
- Proven experience of leading small teams of Java Developers
- Excellent knowledge of EJBs, DAOs, JSPs, Servlets, JMS, Struts and Web services
- Excellent Knowledge of Hibernate and Spring
- Excellent knowledge of XML
- Excellent knowledge of SQL
- Multithreaded applications development
- Experience in UI Design, HTML5 & CSS3
- Web application server: Websphere
- Database development: Oracle
- Middleware: MQ Series (development provided by a separate team)
- Development environment: RAD
- Knowledge of Origo XML standards
- Knowledge of Struts Tiles Framework
- Knowledge of UI Design for handheld platforms (captive or responsive designing)
- Knowledge of life insurance business
- Oracle certified Programmer/ Expert / Master i.e.
- Java SE Programmer / Sun Certified Java Programmer
- Master Java SE Developer (OCMJD) / Sun Certified Java Developer
- Java EE Web Component Developer/ Sun Certified Web Component Developer
- Java EE Business Component Developer/ Sun Certified Business Component Developer
Analytical Thinking: Acquiring understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships
Persistence: Driving the team to meet targets and fulfil agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
Attention to Detail: Applying quality standards to all tasks undertaken within the team ensuring that nothing is overlooked
Expert in Application Development Tools, Techniques and Standards
Compensation and Benefits
A great incentive to join the Atos team is the market competitive range of benefits that the Company provides. These include a competitive salary, as well as a number of core benefits, such as; 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; private medical insurance, which all new starters will be automatically opted into; an attractive stakeholder pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 10% basic salary; Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan. In addition to this Atos operates a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development is delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.