Backup and Recovery Lead
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
- The Backup & Recovery Engineer is responsible for the operational support of the backup environment.
- The successful candidate is responsable for job scheduling, management and troubleshooting on various technologies and architectures including IBM TSM, Data Domain, Tape Libraries, etc.
- The backup and recovery team member support the data protection of the customer environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly motivated with good interpersonal skills, excellent technical skills. The candidate is the pre-requisite work experience and is accountable for the quality fo the work product. Innovation and troubleshooting skills are required to diagnose and solve business challenges.
- Provide and analyze daily, weekly and monthly backup reports.
- Review backup capacity and utilization trending. Provide system expansion recommendations to support data growth.
- Create and maintain operational documentation as required for all aspects of the Atos data protection service.
- Identify areas to improve operational effectiveness and work with project teams deploy/upgrade backup solutions.
- Work with clients, engineering and architecture teams on backup and recovery infrastructure.
- The team lead will also coach team of offshore team members on performing the above duties with the overall goal of achive SLAs, CSAT
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Requires 3-5 years experience in data protection services (aka backup and recovery) with technical knowledge in the following:
- TSM, Backup Exec s/w admnistation experience/certification required. Commvault experience a plus
- Data Domain h/w backup experience/certification a plus.
- Knowleged of tape, disk technologies and backup methodologies.
- Knowledge of various operating systems (windows, unix).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office. VISIO experience a plus.
- Should have knowledge of service ticketing tool such as ServiceNow.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with business users in a professional manner.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.