SOC Analyst L1
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Job Title:SOC LEVEL 1
Atos Cyber Security is one of the fastest growing areas of Atos with significant growth plans through additional recruitment and acquisitions. The role requires working within a 8x5 SOC operational support environment incorporating a tiered Security support model across a range of Security support functionsin Qatar.
Your primary objective will be too proactively monitor and hunt through customer environments to detect and respond to information security threats. You will help to protect an organisation by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats. This can include protection of computers, data, networks and applications.
The Security Operations Analyst Level 1 role is tasked with evaluating SIEM (Security Incident Event Manager) related events flagged for review by established strategies. This evaluation is performed with various validation tools, understanding and application of computer security topics and malware infections, and identification of new techniques to make quick decisions with a high rate of accuracy. The person in this role will contribute to the strategic development of a new pilot program aimed at further enhancing the world class experience. The Security Operations Analyst is expected to adhere to numerous Key Performance Indicators to ensure decisions are made balancing factors such as risk tolerance and customer experience.
Another responsibility of this role is to help train machine learning models by labeling transactions, queries, or other entity pairings.
- Acknowledge, analyze, validate incidents and alerts triggered by SIEM solution
- Acknowledge, analyze, and validate incidents received through other reporting mechanisms including email, telephone etc.
- Alerts analysis
- False positive mitigation
- Security event qualification
- Real-time analysis
- SIEM reports analysis
- Gathers and analyze security information from SIEM console
- Provide incident notification and escalation
- Follows the ticketing processes according to SLA
- Examines alerts
- Launches investigations thanks to detection tools
- Triggers Level 2 or Level 3 escalation if needed
- Security instruction treatment
- Identification and escalation of novel testing approaches;
- Raise team awareness on testing trends, including syncs with SMEs on current patterns;
- Propose process enhancements and improved tool functionality;
- Work with Customer Support to resolve escalations;
- Adhere to platform KPIs related to accuracy, decision time, and productivity
- Ability to deal comfortably with daily recurring tasks
- Desire to proactively uncover new attack patterns
- Willingness to raise awareness of patterns, including presentations
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Ability to make decisions with speed and confidence
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Desire to contribute to a highly technical world-class team supporting on a world-class product for a world-class company
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents and provide incident response.
- liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Min 2 years of SOC Level 1 experience.
- Logrhythm experience and knowhow will be plus
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.