Mainframe System Administrator- 1st level support
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
Your main tasks are related to:
- Mainframe System monitoring and error handling;
- Batch Scheduling
- Job Recovery
- Documenting known errors
- Communication with customer & 2nd-Level-Support;
- Monitoring and escalation to 2nd and 3th Level;
- Conducting all preparative actions in order to ensure full operation and availability of the production environment. This includes the responsibility for the quality and the continuous optimization based on the service level;
- Planning and execution of changes and releases (includes all preparative actions to ensure the quality and the continuous optimization based on the service level).
We are positive you will be able to do a great job on this position if you have:
- University degree in Computer Science or related subject
- At least 1 year experience in General IT area;
- At least 6 months experience in Mainframe (zSeries) is a plus
- Knowledge in at least one of the following areas: JCL, JES2, CISC/DB2 is a plus.
- Excellent command of English; German or French is a plus.
- Ability to work well as a team member;
- Methodical and disciplined approach to work;
- Good analytical skills and problem solving capabilities;
- Good planning and organisational skills;
- Very good communication abilities;
- Ability to deal with multi-task issues;
- Initiative and good learning abilities.
Compensation and Benefits
A great incentive to join the Atos team is the market competitive range of benefits that the Company provides. These include a competitive salary, as well as a number of core benefits, such as; 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; private medical insurance, which all new starters will be automatically opted into; an attractive stakeholder pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 10% basic salary; Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan. In addition to this Atos operates a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development is delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.