Security Operations Analyst (Shift Role)
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst to join our dynamic Security Operations Centre at Atos with a specific purpose to provide Security analysis and investigation support to all BAU Cyber Security activities for multiple clients. Atos Cyber Securityis one of the fastest growing areas of Atos with significant growth plans through additional recruitment and acquisitions. The role requires working within a 24x7 SOC operational support environment incorporating a tiered Security support model across a range of Security support functions.
Your primary objective will be too proactively monitor and hunt through customer environments to detect and respond to information security threats.
You will help to protect an organisation by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats. This can include protection of computers, data, networks and applications.
As a cyber security analyst, you'll need to:
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents and provide incident response.
- liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
You'll need to have:
- Experience of working in a Security Operations Centre environment or similar
- A passion for cyber security and a keen interest in IT
- The ability to possess or gain SC clearance (along with Office for Nuclear Regulation clearance).
- Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of computer networks, operating systems, software, hardware and security
- An understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- A good working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong relationships with staff and other relevant individuals
- Verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, with an ability to communicate with a range of technical and non-technical team members and other relevant individuals
- Time-management and organisational skills to manage a variety of tasks, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical skills and an ability to analyse complex technical information in order to identify patterns and trends
- An ability to work under pressure, particularly when dealing with threats and at times of high demand.
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management): management, maintenance, support, monitoring, security event investigation and reporting (working knowledge of NetIQ Sentinel or McAfee products is an advantage).
- Network IDS/IPS: management, maintenance, support, monitoring, security event investigation and reporting (working knowledge of McAfee or Sourcefire IDS/IPS solutions is an advantage).
- WAF (Web Application Firewalls): management, maintenance, monitoring, security event investigation and reporting (working knowledge of Imperva or F5 WAF products is an advantage)
- In this role, you will be required to work on a rotation shift pattern. This consists of 12 hour shifts with a mixture of days and nights. The rota only requires working 2 weekend shifts per month.
- Role requires base physical location in Atos Birmingham Business Park offices; own transport preferred in order to be able to support shift coverage.
Compensation and Benefits
A great incentive to join the Atos team is the market competitive range of benefits that the Company provides. These include a competitive salary, as well as a number of core benefits, such as; 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; private medical insurance, which all new starters will be automatically opted into; an attractive stakeholder pension scheme, with employer contributions of up to 10% basic salary; Life Assurance; Income Protection; Personal Accident Insurance; and Season Ticket Loan. In addition to this Atos operates a flexible benefits scheme that allows you to purchase discounted products and services. Additionally, comprehensive training and development is delivered in a variety of ways, leading to accreditation if required.
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.