Senior Internal Auditor
Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 120000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of 13 billion euros. European n° 1 and key player worldwide in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-performance Computing, Atos is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and serves clients across all business sectors. For more information go to atos.net .
We are looking for candidates to join a team being created for a new Client project.
This role is driven by the growth of Atos BPS Limited / Business Transformation Services (BTS) which is a growing division with an ever-increasing Financial Services footprint.
The position will sit within the Atos BPS / BTS Internal Audit Team with a focus on Financial Services. This role is key to providing an independent 3rd line audit service BPS / BTS business, providing independent, holistic opinions on systems of governance, risk management and internal control risk effectiveness and for supporting a positive risk culture across accounts and providing advice on systems and controls.
An expectation of the role is to be hands on understanding the risk, systems and processes in order to effectively challenge their adequacy of design and effectiveness and report findings and actions convincingly to senior management.
The role will also be key to provide ad – hoc controls consultancy and advice at management request in response to specific issues.
The role is important to further supporting Atos BTS’s growth ambitions in the Financial Services sector as well as providing ongoing assurance to Atos and Client Management regarding the outsourced services provided.
While this role is ideally based in Edinburgh, it could be accommodated UK wide with regular travel to Edinburgh (ideally 2-3 days per week or every other week).
The position may also require occasional travel to other Atos BTS / BPS operational locations in Glasgow, Durham, Lytham and Blackpool.
The key objective of the Senior Internal Auditor is to deliver audit assignments assigned to them in accordance with agreed timeframes and audit standards and practices. They will:
- Support the Senior Internal Audit Manager in developing and maintaining the annual audit plan and universe
- Delivery of individually assigned audits:
- Preparation and agreement of Terms of Reference
- Developing systems and controls understanding through process walkthroughs
- Risk assessment and preparation of Risk and Control Matrices
- Audit test plan preparation and execution
- Discuss findings and agree actions with management and stakeholders
- Draft and final report preparation
- Maintain audit working papers in line with agreed standards
- Validate evidence for closure of previous audit actions
- Perform ad-hoc reviews and investigations as required
- Support client and internal reporting as required.
- Line and functional management reporting to Senior Internal Audit Manager
- Atos management and key audit stakeholders
Competency and skills:
- Good written and oral communication (English)
- Strong interpersonal skills with management and senior managers
- Can work autonomously to required timeframes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Engagement with senior stakeholders
- Negotiation and conciliation
- IIA or equivalent professional accountancy qualification
- Financial Services
- Experience of Audit in a Regulated Financial Services Environment
Experience in relevant areas including below is desirable:
- Life and Pensions
- IT general controls
- Big 4 Audit Practice
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.
Disclaimer : If you receive an emailing asking you to provide your bank details in order to buy an equipment to integrate Atos, please don’t answer to this emailing as it is a fraudulent email.